How Can I Make A Motorbike Accident Compensation Claim?
In Brisbane, The Gold Coast or anywhere in Queensland, unless you were the only party at fault for an accident, you will be eligible to make a claim to recover at least some of the costs associated with your motorbike accident. You must be able to show that the accident was caused by or contributed to by another party. As motorbike accident lawyers we are here to help you make that as simple as we can.
If you can show that the accident was caused or contributed to by the other party, the you can make a claim against the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurer of the vehicle that was involved in the accident.
Under Queensland law, accidents that involve another party must be reported to the police, so this is a necessary step to take before lodging your claim.
How Can I Make A Motorcycle Accident Compensation Claim?
Our motorbike accident lawyers can help with your motorcycle accident claims. We have been in business for over 34 years and have a lot of experience as motorcycle accident lawyers and have helped countless motorcyclists with their claims for compensation.
- Your first step is likely going to be (if you haven’t already) to report the accident to the police. It’s handy to do this to make sure that you are covering yourself and getting the right information logged at the time of the incident.
- Get the other peoples registration and other vital details. If you’ve been involved in an accident which was someone else’s fault, it’s vital to get their registration, contact details and any other important parts of their information.
- Take photos if you can. Any evidence will help visualise the scene and assist in the claim. Details and lighting can really help if at all possible.
- Get an expert to help you complete the appropriate sections of the claim. When putting together a claim for personal injuries or damage following on from a motorbike accident, it’s important to get expert help and advice. We can help with referrals to specific medical professionals who are well trained in dealing with accident victims.
- Ensure all sections of the claim form are completed. You need to be thorough, and the forms are not without complexity, which is why so many people opt to make their claim for compensation through a motorbike accident lawyer. We make filling out the forms simple because we do it for you.
- Lodge the form to the insurer of the party who was at fault, whether fully or partially. If the other party was at fault, you’ll be lodging a claim to their insurer. If you were partly at fault, it’s likely that the other party will be lodging a claim to your insurance company as well. You must lodge as soon as your form is accurately completed to ensure that you get your claim moving.
- See a doctor. This is one of the most important things that you must do. After an accident, you may have a range of injuries that can manifest later on in your life, and even months after your accident has taken place. Please don’t assume that just because you might not feel injured or present with anything obvious that you are uninjured. Head to your doctor as soon as you have been in an accident and get a full checkup from your treating physician.
If you are unsure about any of these steps or want some advice on how to move forward, get in touch. There is no charge to you to review your claim, and we can quickly and easily assess whether you are someone who would likely benefit from a motorbike accident compensation claim.
How Long Do I Have To Make A Motorbike Accident Compensation Claim?
When you have had a motorbike accident, there are certain time limits that apply to when you can seek compensation. For accidents that have included personal injury you normally only have three years in which to make a claim. If there has not been any personal injury, but your motorbike has been damaged, you have six years in which to make a claim. While these time frames are lengthy, it’s important to start your personal injury claim as soon as possible so that witness statements and evidence is as fresh as possible.
Regardless of what level of compensation you are entitled to receive, it is important that your claim is processed as swiftly as possible. Fill in the short form, chat online, or call us on (07) 5531 4444 and we’ll be happy to help with any questions you may have on Motorbike injury claims.
Our No Win No Fee Guarantee Pays For Your Motorbike Accident Claim Expenses
You have nothing to lose with our no win no fee guarantee as we take on your case and pay for all outlays and associated claim expenses, getting you access to the help you need quickly.
How Much Motorbike Accident Compensation Am I Entitled To?
The amount of compensation you are entitled to will depend entirely on the extent of your injuries and the costs associated with your treatment and recovery. We can assist you in getting a rough idea for your claim and will provide a solid assessment of your claim and where you stand before you take the next steps.
What you receive as a final figure will depend upon:
✔ The impact your accident has on your health and ability to work
✔ Your out of pocket expenses
✔ Any ongoing health issues
✔ Decrease in life expectancy
✔ Ongoing costs of care
✔ Medical bills
Motor Vehicle Accident Solicitors Brisbane
We offer no win no fee motorbike accident compensation services to all our Brisbane clients. If you have been involved in an accident while negotiating peak hour traffic on Coronation Drive or were tapped while cruising along the M3, we can support you.
Motor Vehicle Accident Solicitors Gold Coast
We’re here to help your claim for compensation from Coolangatta to Surfer’s Paradise and beyond. Whether you have been injured while riding the winding roads of Mount Tamborine or were involved in an accident coasting through Surfers – we’ve got your back.
Motorbike Accident Lawyers Brisbane and The Gold Coast
There is no fee for us to assess your claim for compensation. We are committed to making this process smooth and straightforward from start to finish.